Justice

In "Beach Bungalow" I described the burglary of my trusted pickup, while it was parked by the bungalow. The story continues here.

The way to California led me back through Play Azul. The road ends at "Lucas", the most popular enramada (thatch-roofed restaurant) on the beach.

"Welcome back," Lucas the young proprietor greeted us with a hug. "Will you stay at the bungalow again? (He also owns the infamous dwelling.)

"I don't think so," I replied with a grimace "I am afraid."

"You don't have to be," he beamed proudly, "they caught the thieves"

"When?"

"Two or three days after you left"

His answer surprised me. I may believe in Karma, but not necessarily in the efficiency and speed of the Mexican Police.

"And what happened?" I asked in vengeful anticipation.

"They both got three and half years," said Lucas, "JUSTICIA"

I agree.

A visit to the State Police in the nearby town, yielded no new information. Maybe in a few days they will be able to tell us if any of our stolen items has been recovered. I am not holding my breath.

2 comments:

  1. hmm - 3.5 years seems to be a fairly short amount of time for stealing from gringo touristas. Maybe it was for a different offense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean that 3.5 years seems excessively long for a non violent crime?
    Jail is no picnic, and 3.5 years is a long time. I tend to sometimes think of karma not so much as "pay back", but how an action might affect one's self image and all that might follow as a result of that.

    ReplyDelete