Hotel Paraiso

On a dark mountain highway, monsoon rain pouring down.
Heavy fog in the headlights, it's too far from town.
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a neon light.
My head was heavy and my sight grew dim; I had to stop for the night.
There she stood in the driveway, a towel round her head.
I was thinking to myself, 'This could be great, but probably bad."
Then she opened the garage door, and showed us the way.
As we stared at the pink Jacuzzi, thought I heard her say:

"Welcome to the Hotel Paraiso
Such a lovely place.
Plenty of rooms at the Hotel Paraiso
Anytime of year,
Many couples here."

The room was luxurious, it may be a good bet.
I was so tired, I can skip the internet.
"Others around us, will they be in the way?"
"Some come for an hour, none stay for the day."
So I called up Maria, "Please bring the remote"
She said: "Would you like some Tequila? It will make you so hot"
On TV, just a few channels: One straight, one gay.
Watching young lovers in action, I just had to say:

"Welcome to the Hotel Paraiso
Such a lovely place.
Living it up at the hotel Paraiso
What a nice surprise,
and such a low price."

Mirrors on the ceiling, marble on the floor.
Adi said: Please fill the Jacuzzi with bubbles galore.
In the bedroom mosquitos, gather for the feast
We lighted a repellent coil, filled the room with mist.
Last thing I remember, Adi holding my hand;
She smiled and said "My love, I hope tonight will never end."
"Adios" said Maria, as we shouldered our pack,
"You can check out anytime you like, but I know you'll be back."

3 comments:

  1. What a great experience. Did it really happen, or you were swept with dreams?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all happened almost exactly as I described.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting. for my wake i want them to play Hotel Cal. in Spanish by the Gipsy Kings. Dave

    ReplyDelete